It has been an emotionally exhausting 24 hours over at our home. Last night I received a call from my little sister that my dad was being taken to the hospital by ambulance. He and my younger brother Tim (he's 14) had been working with one of their horses and Dad had gotten bucked off. He landed on his head and shoulder and had been knocked unconcious. Tim called 911 from the field and that's where the ambulance picked them up. My mom and younger sister Kaitlin were in another town about an hour away so Tim stayed at the hospital by himself for awhile. I am SO proud of him! He's such a brave and awesome young man! My dad ended up breaking his collar bone and has some slight hemorraging on his brain. Mom said that the neurosurgeon said that there were blood vessels that had broken. Thankfully time will heal all of his wounds. He's still in the hospital but will hopefully be able to go home tomorrow. I am SO thankful for a God who answers our prayers. He is so good to have protected my Dad. I have never been so sick with worry. Blah...hate even thinking about it. So anyways, THANKYOU to everyone who has been praying! God is so good:)
On a lighter note... I thought I'd share a few of my current favorite things right now!
1. I've been saving my sewing money to go on a little summer shopping trip and I do believe this top is on the list! Love how cool and summery it looks! Plus it's on sale...even better!
2. I am loving the Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks. Since it's getting warmer I asked for it cold (or whatever the correct "starbucks termonology" is for cold. It's all so confusing to me...silly I know) and then with an extra shot in it (I only do this because the lady suggested I do so and it tasted delish!). Very tasty!
3. ANYTHING Coconut Lime Verbena from Bath and Body Works. I am currently using the body wash and lotion! I've just finished up the wall-flower. Does anybody else love this scent?! Reminds me of the beach!
4. I've been trying out different laundry detergents lately. I used to use Tide... but my mom and I both swear that they've changed their formula because clothes don't seem to be getting as clean as they used to. Who knows. So, after asking some friends who always smell so clean and delicious (You know the people...the ones that are like walking air-fresheners... I hope to be one someday) I switched over to Gain Island Fresh and by golly we smell fresh and our clothes are sparkling clean! Love it!
5. The Lee Brothers Southern Cookbook- I picked this cookbook up at the library the other day and will for sure be buying myself a copy! It has the most DELICIOUS recipes in it! Here are a few that I am wanting to try... Fried Green Tomatoes with Buttermilk-Lime Dressing, Cheese-Grits Chiles Rellenos with Roasted Tomato Gravy, Fried Apples with Bourbon Caramel... I could go on and on. I'm thinking it would be fun to go all "Julie and Julia" and cook my way through this cookbook!
6. I've had my eye on these sandals for quite awhile... thinking they would look nice with some tanned feet in them :)
7. I have been doing Laura and Erin's 500 miles in 2010 Challenge and am loving it! I am definitely going to need to kick up my mileage to make it to 500 but I love a good challenge! It's one of my favorite things currently because I need something like this to keep me motivated to work out.
8. Anything turquoise is on my list of favorites for spring and summer! I've had my eye on this necklace as well for my little spring shopping trip :)
9. And last but not least I am loving this style of shorts. I hate to say it but they are quite mother friendly (I'm sure the teenagers who shop at American Eagle would cringe to hear me say that!) Perfect for squatting to pick up babies, chasing after 2 year olds, sitting cross-legged for a picnic all while keeping your buns from hanging out for the world to see :) Pair them with a white tanktop and a turquoise necklace and voila' a cute outfit!
So there you have it... a very silly and random compilation of my favorites!
I'll leave you with a favorite verse that I read this morning while praying for my dad...
Ephesians 3:20-21, "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
Have a great Wednesday everybody!